Saturday, February 4, 2012

When is enough enough?

When is enough enough? That question has been on my mind for years, but even more lately. I see women who's status' on Facebook say how they have had it because their man cheated, they found out he was lying or many other jacked up situations. Yet, a few days later all is forgiven and their status reflects how much they love this same dirt bag who could have brought something home.

So I ask when is enough? Is it when he hits you? Can't be that because I've seen several women fight the police for putting the same man who broke their nose in handcuffs. 'No I love him... I just made him mad' they yell. They even go as far as bail him out of jail. But why?

Is it when he comes home with a three month old baby although you all have been together for four years? No that can't be it either cause how many do you know in this situation right now? I can name at least four.

So when is it? When do we as women stand up to the men in our lives? When do we stand up to them like they stand up to us when they say we talk too much? Or when they tell us their going out with friends and stop bitching. When do we begin to put our feelings before them being comfortable?

I SAY NOW!!!! I say it's time to let the men know what we need out of our relationships and stop letting them get a way with the crap we couldn't dare do. Make it painful for him as it is for you or just plain walk the hell away before you get so wrapped up in pleasing him that you forget who you are. If he don't want to take you out, f*** him! Go by yourself. Get dressed up and tell yourself how beautiful you look. It's time to stand up for you!

No comments: